Early historyS.S.Vasan bought from his friend K. Subramaniam a Film distribution business Motion Picture Producers' Combines studio on Mount Road for Rs.86,427-11-9 and renamed it as Gemini Studios in the year 1940.
- 1941 - Madanakamarajan with the arrival of K. Ramnoth, a cameraman and scenarist, and A.K. Sekhar, art director brought many changes in production.
- 1943 - Mangamma Sapatham
- 1945 - Kannamma En Kadhali
- 1947 - Miss Malini
- 1948 - Kalpana. This was Uday Shankar's dance spectacular, shot at the studio, that set the trend for future choreographers. Also Chandralekhaa magnificent movie by S. S. Vasan that was a first for a Tamil to achieve All India distribution and brought excellent returns.
- 1949 - Apoorva Sahodarargal A `costume adventure` film in three languages - Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, and a major success.
- 1953 - Avvaiyyar -A Tamil film that proved a major box-office hit.
- 1955 - Insaniyat -A Hindi film starring Dilip Kumar and Dev Anand.
- 1958 - Vanjikottai Valiban and Raj Tilak - A Tamil and Hindi film starring Gemini Ganesan, Vyjayanthimala and Padmini.
- 1959 - Paigham - A Hindi film starring Dilip Kumar, Vyjayanthimala and Raaj Kumar.
- 1966 - Motor Sundaram Pillai - This was Sivaji Ganesan's sole film for Gemini Studios. After S.S. Vasan's death, his son S.S. Balasubramanyam took the reins.
- 1969 - Manushulu Marali - A Telugu film starring Shoban Babu.
- 1975 - Ellorum Nallavare - This was a flop and the studio's fortunes declined in the 70s and it was taken over by Anand Cine Services later.